Expanded tournament management functionality coming soon.
DDCS is excited to announce that work is also now being done on adding complete tournament maintenance functionality into the website. The following tasks will be able to be accomplished within the website:
- Compilation of online and offline entries into squads and divisions
- Printing scoresheets
- Inputting scores
- Generating results data for existing results pages.
This will give more flexibility on how scores are entered and updated, enabling 'on the fly' results updates every game, pair by pair, as games are completed. These updates will also include All Events standings where appropriate.
These results will now AUTOMATICALLY update in-page as scores are entered and processed. Manual page refreshes will NOT be required to get updated results.
Also there is less need to take software to each centre, as any decent PC or mobile device with internet access will be able to be used.
The tournament formats that are being worked on at the moment are as follows:
- Standard all-events (singles, doubles, 4 person teams) with masters
- Singles qualifying events with masters
- Extended singles formats without masters.
More formats can be added later if there is the demand for it.
Of course all this functionality will only available to restricted users.